The first few teams supported themselves but there was a lot to learn, and they now know that they can’t/don’t want to support more teams of EA ‘newbies’.
After several weeks of discussions, prototyping and investigations – and some hard conversations with their in-house security experts – they decided they wanted a ‘managed EA service’ from us. This includes:
- All their repositories are now in the cloud, managed by our experts
- They are sharing processes with their stakeholders using Prolaborate.
- We are training new users in the basics of EA, and being available as ‘mentors’ to get new teams started quickly, including a weekly drop-in modelling clinic where we take users step-by-step through worked examples using screen sharing .
- We worked with the current teams to take the learnings from the initial projects, and put that into a ‘Process Modelling Best Practice’ guide, which we are now using to train the next set of users
- They are still using mostly desktop EA, but there is a plan to start a ‘proof-of-concept’ for one new team, using 100% cloud EA.